Saturday 19 February 2011

Something I wrote a long time ago

A Moment in Time

So when he looked my way I completely forgot what I was doing, what I was saying, if I was saying anything at all. Has that ever happened to you? Someone who seems to look into you, all the way deep inside, and you don't mind. In return you see into them, like an open book, as if you've known them forever, not just a moment in time.
Do you believe something like this can happen to you?
Do you just get on with your life because something like that could never happen to you?
After all that girl he's with must be a girlfriend, with my luck more likely his wife! If you asked her why she suddenly had a tighter grip on his arm she wouldn't be able to explain, but subconsciously she felt it, felt that connection you just made, the slight shift in her expression giving her away.
So what to do?
How do you approach a stranger you know you have to meet, to touch, to know? Was it really a two way thing or am I just kidding myself? Is he thinking the same?
I looked back across the room........
He's nowhere to be seen.
Slight panic sets in that the moment has passed, a moment not seized, a perfect moment that may never happen again, the moment escaped me.
Then I exhale, the world comes back into focus with a rush, reality sweeps away the fantasy of what might have been. I convince myself if it was meant to be we will meet again, and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment